Power Pivot removes many of the limitations and frustrations that users find with creating Pivot Tables in Excel. For example, using Power Pivot you can…
- Create Pivot Tables from multiple lists/tables without the need to combine them into a single list first (goodbye LOOKUP and all the issues that it brings)
- Create Pivot Tables from large datasets without worrying about file size, performance or needing more rows than an Excel worksheet contains
- Create Pivot Tables from multiple data sources (Excel, database, text file etc)
- Create powerful calculations on the data in your Pivot Tables
- And more
In this training, you will learn, using practical examples, how Power Pivot provides Business Intelligence and reporting functionality within the familiar environment of Excel to provide you with better business insights and enable you to make more informed business decisions.
Why you should attend
Your data is only as good as the information you can derive from it. Power Pivot enables you to gain better business insights and make more informed business decisions.
If you want to take your reporting capabilities to the next level by learning how to leverage the functionality of Power Pivot, this is a must-attend training session!
- Importing data into Power Pivot – the why and how
- The importance of understanding The Data Model
- DAX Primer: Create a simple calculated column
Who should attend?
This training is aimed at users of Excel (2010 and above for Windows) who wish to learn about Power Pivot. Attendees should have at least intermediate knowledge of Excel and be familiar with formulas and creating Pivot tables.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Power Pivot may not be available for your version of Excel. If you are unsure whether this training is relevant for your version of Excel, please check with your IT department or see this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/where-is-power-pivot-aa64e217-4b6e-410b-8337-20b87e1c2a4b
Session Prerequisites and preparation: None
Recommended CPE credit – 1.0
Recommended field of study – Accounting
Session learning level: Intermediate
Delivery method: Group Internet Base
This program has been approved for 1 CPE credits under NASBA.