Skip to Content
Form W-2 2022Date: January 19, 2022
Time: 02:00 PM ET
Duration: 60 Minutes
Speaker: Dayna Reum
CEU Credits : 1.0 HRCI
The IRS provides updated tax rates and changes how taxable income is calculated each year. 2021 has seen additional updates employers and payroll departments need to know. This webinar will assist the seasoned payroll professional on new legislation that needs to be addresses.
This webinar will also assist the W-2 new comer to understand all the boxes on the form W-2 and what should be reported. A brief overview of year end and W-2 best practices will also be discussed. Updates on how to handle the SSN truncation especially for the states. Review of reconciliation process for W-2’s considering the COVID-19 credits.
Areas covered in this webinar:
- Form W-2 Reporting of FFCRA Qualified Leave and the extension of those credits into 2021
- How to handle the state requirements of the SSN truncation rules from the IRS on the Form W-2.
- Updates to how we process the W-2 form.
- Understanding when to check the status boxes for such things as retirement
- 2021 W-2 updates
- Updated legislation impacting the 2021 Form W-2
- How to report FFCRA leave on the W-2
- Understanding the changes to Social Security taxation
- W-2 requirements for 2021 reporting
- Form W-2 box by box review
- Understanding the new W-2 codes
- State by State discussion of special W-2 considerations
- Year End and W-2 best Practices to ensure compliance
- Complete an audit of Form W-2 before releasing to employees
- Validate that all totals match between the 941 and the W-3/W-2
Who should attend:
- Human Resources Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Payroll Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
Dayna Reum ,CPP, FPC is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago . She has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 18+ years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, She moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, international and Canadian payroll.
Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
This webinar has been approved for 1.0 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®,SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 New Compliance